Beiler Family Farm COVID-19 update and farm practices
We are blessed with healthy animals, robust, nutrient-rich soils...and perhaps now more than ever, we are feeling a great responsibility to reach and nourish families in our area.
Farmers are positioned to be helpers, and that is exactly what we will do, help.
We have taken steps to increase our food handling sanitation protocols while ensuring all food items are being delivered safely and on time.
We want to communicate our dedication to successfully and.confidently work through this unforeseen challenge.
Thank you for trusting our family farm for your food needs during this time.
With much gratitude, The Beiler Family
Beiler Family Farm COVID-19 Action Plan
There is no higher priority to our entire Beiler Family Farm team than the safety of our customers, family, and employees. We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, Government Agencies, and organizing on-farm protocols to stay on top of this quickly unfolding situation.
Below are the changes we are implementing:
1. We have maintained communication with our employees about keeping our workplace safe through good hygiene practices, in-person meeting restrictions, and eliminating non-business critical visitors.
2. All farm employees must wear gloves when handling food products and packing orders for delivery.
3. We will still be accepting jar returns. All of our jars are cleaned and sterilized before reuse.
4. At this time we will no longer be accepting egg carton returns. Recycled egg cartons will no longer be used and all eggs will be packaged in new unused egg cartons.
5. Each customer’s order will be individually packed in their own box to minimize handling. The box will be clearly labeled with the customer’s name and boxes will be placed side by side to make it easy to grab and go.
6. We have communicated with our independent processors, suppliers and delivery partners about ensuring safe contact with our products and customers, and have implemented modified handling and delivery protocols.
7. We have notified all employees to practice social distancing when possible and to stay home if they are feeling sick. We have also implemented a return to work protocol if needed.
We are continually reviewing the current situation and are committed to adapting our procedures as necessary as we learn more about this fluid situation. We will always do what’s best for our customers & employees. Last but not least, we are happy to hear your concerns or ideas on how we can provide the best service possible. This is a critical time in our area, and we are taking it seriously.